Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Spreading My Wings

For months now I have been praying for patience, for strength, for endurance, for joy, for peace.  To a great extent God provided me a portion of His patience, strength, endurance, joy and peace, and much much more to sustain me during a difficult time.

Now, as we are moving into a "new normal" a plateau, so to speak, He is showing me how to take care of myself and multiply the goodness He gives me.

Many of you know that I have started P90X, an intense full body fitness workout series.  During the summer I tried to walk or jog a few times a week, and was eating healthier than I was during the spring.  (OK, during the spring I self-medicated a pretty deep depression with Oreos, for what it's worth).  A friend had given me the P90X video series, which I let sit in Mike's dresser for a couple of months.  Then, little by little I started trying it.  I liked it, and jumped into the whole program, and now am typically doing "doubles" or "two a day's" every day.

This is such an incredible answer to prayer!!  I feel beyond great, I feel phenomenal.  I have energy, strength, joy and am living so abundantly!  I have more of myself to give to the ones I love, and a better quality me to give.  I have worked out much of the chronic neck, upper back and arm pain that I have had for years and I sleep like a baby (when Ben allows).

I am so thankful for my healthy body and the ability to do this, and that God led me in this direction as an answer to prayer.  Praise God from whom all blessing flow!

No comments:

Post a Comment